Saturday, November 28, 2015

MARTHA'S CHOCOLATE ICING

I received this recipe when I asked my friend Holly for a copy of her Darn Good Chocolate Cake recipe. They go great together and I'm sure I will find many other ways to use this icing. I bet it is really good on graham crackers.

MARTHA'S CHOCOLATE ICING
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 1/3 cup whole milk
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Place the sugar, butter, and milk in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat.  Stir until the mixture comes to a boil, 3 to 4 minutes. Still stirring, let the mixture boil until the sugar dissolves, 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat.

2. Stir in the chocolate chips, and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate has melted.  (I use a wire whisk.)

3. Spread the icing over the cooled cake or cupcakes of your choice.

*This icing thickens up as it sits.  Hot from the stove, it can be spooned over Bundt cakes—the icing will trickle down the sides.  It can be poured on top of sheet cakes and spread with a metal spatula to reach the edges.  But wait until it thickens up a bit before icing cupcakes, so the precious icing will be firm enough to stay on top.

Adapted from Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment