Monday, May 2, 2016

LASAGNA

I originally got this recipe from Debi Tuttle (my mother-in-law) but I tweaked it a little. We love it around here. I usually double or triple the recipe and freeze a few dishes full. When I use a frozen one I put it in the fridge for 24-36 hours before I bake and I bake it covered for up to 2 hours.

LASAGNA
  • 2 1/2 cups tomatoes (I usually use canned)
  • 2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
  • 3 cans tomato sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic (minced) (I use bottled garlic)
  • 3 tablespoons parsley
  • 1 tablespoon basil
  • 1 tablespoon oregano
  • 5 teaspoons salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 2 pounds hamburger (I often use more hamburger)
  • 1 carton cottage cheese (I often substitute ricotta or do half ricotta, half cottage cheese)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 box lasagna noodles cooked (I buy the no-cook noodles and they work great!)
  • 1 lb mozzarella cheese
Combine tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, garlic 1 tablespoon parsley, basil, oregano, 3 teaspoons salt, dash of pepper and onion. Simmer for 2 hours. Brown hamburger and add to sauce. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and 2 teaspoons salt with cottage cheese, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and Parmesan cheese. Place a layer of noodles in a greased 12x16 inch pan (or 2 9x9 pans). Add a layer of sauce, a layer of cottage cheese mixture, and strips of mozzarella cheese, repeat. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Yield 8-10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment